• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

Ethernet Compatibility List for macOS [1GbE, 5GbE, 10GbE, 25GbE, 40GbE, 50GbE, 100GbE]

Thank you guys for the reply, I still can't get it to recognize it .
Seems like you're using an AMD hardware. Is that correct?

That is correct.

That is correct.
For that, you need a different kext as AMD systems does not support VT-d, which is must have requirements for few of the hardware on the macOS side.

I ordered this usb network adapter a few days ago and I got ethernet instantly but still can not connect to wireless. But it does not matter now I have Internet.
ASIX AX88179 USB 3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter

I ordered this usb network adapter a few days ago and I got ethernet instantly but still can not connect to wireless. But it does not matter now I have Internet.
ASIX AX88179 USB 3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
Can you explain a bit more?

I just ment that the built in hardware was not working so I ordered this usb dongle
and it worked strait out of the box. I just plugged it in

I just ment that the built in hardware was not working so I ordered this usb dongle
and it worked strait out of the box. I just plugged it in
Sounds good!

I've been reading there are problems with Intel's i226v (and previous 225) network chipsets. Do any of you guys have experience with them with Mac os? The network card stability is very important for me as my audio interface (Metric Halo 3d) is depending on it. Should I avoid intel's controllers with hackintosh?

Last edited:
I've got a really nice offer for 3x Broadcom 57810 SFP+ from Dell Servers for ca. 40USD (Haven't bought them yet) and would like to know if it'll be compatible with macOS. Could someone help me with it?

I've been reading there are problems with Intel's i226v (and previous 225) network chipsets. Do any of you guys have experience with them with Mac os? The network card stability is very important for me as my audio interface (Metric Halo 3d) is depending on it. Should I avoid intel's controllers with hackintosh?

Never had an issue with I225-V. I226-V is also supported natively. These controller's firmware vary a bit from vendors to vendors which could be a problem. However, on the macOS side, if the implementation is correct, it should work fine.

Reactions: exefes

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imasl