• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

Clover's menu never shows up when put EFI\Clover\drivers\UEFI\ApfsDriverLoader.efi

Here video I boot:
Prepare on Mac:
Booting:

As you can see, with config.plist remade can't boot into Mac, but at least CloverGUI showed and verbose logging when ApfsDriverLoader.efi + HFSPlus.efi put not in Clover/Drivers
I just checked the video. This is not what I asked to do in post #46

Quirks are wrong too. Those Quirks are not appropriate for a BDW System.

Also, I would advise you to use the OC in USB and use your actual target ESP to install Clover and do the above.

On some Laptops, if a Keyboard is faulty, you'll have issues like the above and also, if another disk is failing or is conflicting.

Also, make sure no other Clover install exists on your system.

Reactions: oldman20
have you tried to give opencore a go instead?

as latest versions of clover rely on opencore mashed into it's bootloader, it may be better to go straight to opencore, that way you only need to learn just the one bootloader
Well, i advised him the same. Since the release of Big Sur and OpenCore v6, it is far better than Clover. I still miss some Clover functions but it is less buggy and easy to set up.

Reactions: macpro
I already success boot with OpenCore 082, current I find the way to fix external mic for combo jack, also trying Clover but stuck both
What's the purpose of using Clover? Do you have any specific needs which are being fulfilled by Clover? As stated previously, external Mics are rare but still, you can go with the OC route.

then use opencore, also check over various layoud ids as per applealc wiki

maybe codeccommander.kext may also help if needs be
Some Codecs still require Custom XML patching. Also, CodecCommander works with OC too.

then use opencore, also check over various layoud ids as per applealc wiki

maybe codeccommander.kext may also help if needs be
I tried all, and at sometime external mic work first time, not all next time
I just checked the video. This is not what I asked to do in post #46

Quirks are wrong too. Those Quirks are not appropriate for a BDW System.

Also, I would advise you to use the OC in USB and use your actual target ESP to install Clover and do the above.

On some Laptops, if a Keyboard is faulty, you'll have issues like the above and also, if another disk is failing or is conflicting.

Also, make sure no other Clover install exists on your system.
Thank, I will tried it
What's the purpose of using Clover? Do you have any specific needs which are being fulfilled by Clover? As stated previously, external Mics are rare but still, you can go with the OC route.
Not special, just I am familiar with Clover for many years, and it still work fine on Dell 3543
Some Codecs still require Custom XML patching. Also, CodecCommander works with OC too.
I tried https://github.com/hackintosh-stuff/ComboJack just need VerStub.kext and the first time work, then can't even reboot or re-run install.sh

I tried all, and at sometime external mic work first time, not all next time
Use CodecCommander and the SSDT and you should be good to go.
Not special, just I am familiar with Clover for many years, and it still work fine on Dell 3543
Sometimes, you need to upgrade things in your life for a better cause ;)
I tried https://github.com/hackintosh-stuff/ComboJack just need VerStub.kext and the first time work, then can't even reboot or re-run install.sh
And why do you think it will work with Clover?

Use CodecCommander and the SSDT and you should be good to go.
I can't find any toturials or GUIDE about it, would you help me?
Sometimes, you need to upgrade things in your life for a better cause ;)
Sure, that why I done with OC before created this thread
And why do you think it will work with Clover?
No, I trying with Opencore
I planning build kext from github to check, but don't knowledge about Xcode or code

I can't find any toturials or GUIDE about it, would you help me?
Of course, for that, you need to create a separate thread.
Sure, that why I done with OC before created this thread
:)
No, I trying with Opencore
I planning build kext from github to check, but don't knowledge about Xcode or code
Not an issue. Create a separate thread regarding External Mic and I'll look into it.

Sure Sir!

Reactions: EliteMacx86
Finally i can control this issue, can sure reason cause my "special" behavior while load efi drivers.
All what i did is set ApfsDriverLoader.efi (and HfsPlus.efi, if need for installation macOS with Clover, yes)
Firstly put ApfsDriverLoader.efi and HfsPlus.efi in root of EFI partition.
Boot into Clover GUI, press S to open EFI Shell:
  1. fsx: #x depend your partitions layout, mine is 0
  2. ls #check for sure x is correct part, if that you will see ApfsDriverLoader.efi and HfsPlus.efi
  3. bcfg driver add y fsx:\ApfsDriverLoader.efi "What ever name"
In my case, I add both ApfsDriverLoader.efi and HfsPlus.efi so these my cmd:
bcfg driver add 0 fs0:\ApfsDriverLoader.efi "Apfs Driver"
bcfg driver add 1 fs0:\HfsPlus.efi "HFS+ Driver"

Then type: exit to out of EFI She'll/ or just Ctrl+Alt+Del to reboot device, Clover will autoload EFI and show macOS to boot

*NOTE: bcfg will store EFI drivers in NVRAM, so if reset NVRAM will be gone, must repeat above process

20220820_132239.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devakle87