• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

Can't Get Graphics Acceleration work (Dell 5570 - i5 8250U - UHD 620)

The Guide's generated Clover Folder resulted Kernel Panics (The System Didn’t even Boot — Just Rebooting) …

I searched for a Working Clover Folder for my Laptop (— Besides My Working One I Had Sent previously) I Found One : Here ... But it just caused continues reboots [— Again] I decided to return to my working Clover That boots my system.

I decided to just change (in the working plist) the — AAPL,ig-platform-id to 00001659 and —device-id to 16590000 which are the correct ones to my UHD 620, But that resulted a Kernel Panic (I Will Include a ScreenShot) …

After all of that I concluded that the problem is that the system can’t recognize the correct — ig-plateform-id & — device-id (which the Hackintool Screenshot showed)

Attachments

• Problem Details.zip
    10.3 MB · Views: 184
The Guide's generated Clover Folder resulted Kernel Panics (The System Didn’t even Boot — Just Rebooting) …
No matter if it boots or not. You must provide the same files to check.

Use your USB when you're unable to boot. Remove the EFI from your system partition. And follow the guide and use a new configuration. Attach those files. If it doesn't boots, no issues. Just attach the new configuration to check.

I hope you got the point.

this the resulted folder after following the guide but (as expected) the system didn't even boot (continues rebooting) so I couldn't generate a debug file ....

I used "config_HD615_620_630_640_650.plist" && this the used clover folder one (didn't work)

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 166
The Non Working Clover Debug File (The one generated according to the guide)

Attachments

• debug_1542.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 171
this the resulted folder after following the guide but (as expected) the system didn't even boot (continues rebooting) so I couldn't generate a debug file ....

I used "config_HD615_620_630_640_650.plist" && this the used clover folder one (didn't work)
Here are the issues.
The guide says to rename the config.plist to "config".
Some Drivers are missing from drivers/UEFI.
FakePCIID is not required. Remove it.

The Non Working Clover Debug File (The one generated according to the guide)
Not required. The config is corrupt. Still the same issues which i mentioned in post #25

I have a little problem ... the generated clover folder doesn't have "drivers64UEFI" and there are missing drivers so can I add the missing ones to "drivers" or "drivers64UEFI"

I have a little problem ... the generated clover folder doesn't have "drivers64UEFI" and there are missing drivers so can I add the missing ones to "drivers" or "drivers64UEFI"
That's normal in the new Clover. Run Clover and install the drivers as per the guide. The new directory is the drivers>UEFI

Good News! :) :) The Clover Folder is now able to boot the system without any panics or continues reboot ...

But the Acceleration doesn't work .. YET ... Heckintool shows that the Platform ID is correct But the GPU Device ID is not (so fixing it will probably fix the acceleration)

Note: The sound stoped working .. but it's a small problem for now I guess

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 193
  • Screen Shot 2020-02-16 at 11.27.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-16 at 11.27.35 PM.png
    112.9 KB · Views: 212
  • Screen Shot 2020-02-16 at 11.29.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-16 at 11.29.14 PM.png
    89.9 KB · Views: 226
  • Screen Shot 2020-02-16 at 11.35.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-16 at 11.35.05 PM.png
    35.4 KB · Views: 215
Good News! :) :) The Clover Folder is now able to boot the system without any panics or continues reboot ...
Nice.
But the Acceleration doesn't work .. YET ... Heckintool shows that the Platform ID is correct But the GPU Device ID is not (so fixing it will probably fix the acceleration)
It will be fixed.
Note: The sound stoped working .. but it's a small problem for now I guess
Forget the rest, first Graphics must be fixed.

Here are some of the issues.
Only one boot driver should be used. Either AptioMemoryFix or OsxAptio. Read the notes for the drivers. Several unnecessary drivers are there.
FakeSMC kext is missing. Read the guide again.
Kextcache output is missing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devakle87