• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

ASUS PRIME Z690M-PLUS D4 - i9 12900KF - 128GB RAM - AMD RX 5700XT - Thunderbolt HotPlug - OpenCore

Yes, Sleep/Wake works. Yes, running macOS Ventura now.
Hi, thank you for the guide! But am really struggling to get anywhere with it. Does all of the above still apply if I'm starting from scratch with Ventura? Or would some of the choices / settings be different?

Hi, thank you for the guide! But am really struggling to get anywhere with it. Does all of the above still apply if I'm starting from scratch with Ventura? Or would some of the choices / settings be different?

Yes, the guide is still applicable.

Yes, the guide is still applicable.
Ok, I've tried for many hours now, also following one to one the dartonia guide, also by using some configurations from other people, but nothing does it - not getting anywhere close to Ventura booting from the stick. I'm attaching the config that I've ended up with by following your guide, in the hope you could point me in the right direction.

Right now the booting stops after com.apple.filesystem.apfs has been loaded ...

Right now there's only an NVMe WD SN850X in the PC ... onboard sound / Thunderbolt are disabled in the Bios ...

Attachments

• Config.plist.zip
    4.3 KB · Views: 4
Ok, I've tried for many hours now, also following one to one the dartonia guide, also by using some configurations from other people, but nothing does it - not getting anywhere close to Ventura booting from the stick. I'm attaching the config that I've ended up with by following your guide, in the hope you could point me in the right direction.

Right now the booting stops after com.apple.filesystem.apfs has been loaded ...

Right now there's only an NVMe WD SN850X in the PC ... onboard sound / Thunderbolt are disabled in the Bios ...

Incomplete PR files attached.

Provide the PR files as described in the FAQ:

Incomplete PR files attached.

Provide the PR files as described in the FAQ:
Ok, sorry!

Bios settings:
VT-d: disabled
Thundebolt: disabled
Above 4G / Resize bar: enabled
XHCI / Legacy USB: enabled
HD Audio / Connectivity mode / Serial port: disabled
Secure Boot State: Setup / Os Type: Other OS / Secure Boot Mode: Custom (keys deleted)
Fastboot: disabled

But I've just realized a moment ago that Ive bought the wrong graphics card unfortunately, the RX 6500 XT does not seem to be supported ... so not sure how much that contributes to the problem right now ...

Attachments

• OC.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Ok, sorry!

Bios settings:
VT-d: disabled
Thundebolt: disabled
Above 4G / Resize bar: enabled
XHCI / Legacy USB: enabled
HD Audio / Connectivity mode / Serial port: disabled
Secure Boot State: Setup / Os Type: Other OS / Secure Boot Mode: Custom (keys deleted)
Fastboot: disabled

But I've just realized a moment ago that Ive bought the wrong graphics card unfortunately, the RX 6500 XT does not seem to be supported ... so not sure how much that contributes to the problem right now ...

When you boot from the installer, what exactly happens? Also, what macOS version are you trying to boot?

When you boot from the installer, what exactly happens? Also, what macOS version are you trying to boot?
It's the newest Ventura. And OC 0.8.8.

It starts booting for like 30 seconds and then freezes. The last line is loading com.apple.filesystem.apfs ... setting max link-id cache size to 16 ...

Last edited:
It's the newest Ventura. And OC 0.8.8.

It starts booting for like 30 seconds and then freezes. The last line is loading com.apple.filesystem.apfs ... setting max link-id cache size to 16 ...

Can you provide a verbose picture?

EliteMacx86

Thanks for your post . I was able to use bits and pieces . and other posts by you to make an Asus z790 Hackintosh.

Reactions: EliteMacx86

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yg2m