• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

After Installation Issues, Opencore

No, that's not correct. For Desktops, it's not usually required. Of course, a patched one is highly discouraged to use regardless of the bootloader. But a patched DSDT can be used either with OpenCore or Clover.

No, that's not correct. For Desktops, it's not usually required. Of course, a patched one is highly discouraged to use regardless of the bootloader. But a patched DSDT can be used either with OpenCore or Clover.
not correct, best to use hot patch SSDT's, do not use a patched DSDT.aml with opencore, not needed and will cause more issues

not correct, best to use hot patch SSDT's, do not use a patched DSDT.aml with opencore, not needed and will cause more issues
The fact is you can use both, either DSDT or SSDT. You can even use a mixed way. DSDT+SSDT.

As long as the patching is correct and it satisfies the requirements, you're good. Of course, Hotpatch is always an option and is easier to use than the traditional method. Moreover, unlike the conventional method, a Hotpatch EFI can be used on another same model of the Laptop, noting the fact that the memory region differs.

Reactions: oldman20
The fact is you can use both, either DSDT or SSDT. You can even use a mixed way. DSDT+SSDT.

As long as the patching is correct and it satisfies the requirements, you're good. Of course, Hotpatch is always an option and is easier to use than the traditional method. Moreover, unlike the conventional method, a Hotpatch EFI can be used on another same model of the Laptop, noting the fact that the memory region differs.
Seem makes sense! I found one thing, but doesnt verify it (as you know, my Clover still cant boot the normal way- i mean MUST load ApfsDriverLoader +HFS.efi manual by hand in EFI Shell):
If used DSDT instead SSDT check RebaseRegions in ACPI tab!

Seem makes sense! I found one thing, but doesnt verify it (as you know, my Clover still cant boot the normal way- i mean MUST load ApfsDriverLoader +HFS.efi manual by hand in EFI Shell):
If used DSDT instead SSDT check RebaseRegions in ACPI tab!

This is already being discussed in the following thread

Trending Threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haiderhabbeb313