• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

Virtual Hackintosh with ubuntu/qemu/intel gvt-g gpu problem

zata932

Motherboard
lenovo x270
CPU
i5-7300u
Graphics
intel hd620
OS X/macOS
10.13.x
Bootloader
  1. Clover (UEFI)
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Guys,
I'm using elementaryOS. I installed Hackintosh Catalina with clover in qemu virtual enviroment. Works great, but slow because of the virtual gpu.
Intel has a new technology, Intel GVT-G. You can reach nearly native speed, acceleration in the virtual machines with gpu passtrough.
I tested it with Windows 10, it works surprisingly well. I can play 4k 60fps youtube videos with Intel hd620.
So I attached the gvt gpu to macOS, but during the boot i got a qemu error (I think when the driver is loading):
Code:
vfio_region_read(1503f80a-5d8d-11e9-9ef0-83dadfc9f4f2:region0+0xff7caa, 1) failed: Bad address
and the boot stops.
I got the same error a few times, when I used default windows 10 gpu driver. After I installed the latest Intel driver the error is gone. So I think the driver is the problem on the Hackintosh too.
I tried without kext or any modification and with this guide: https://www.elitemacx86.com/threads/fix-intel-uhd-graphics-620-630-on-laptop.207/ . Unfortunately the same result every time when I connect the gvt gpu.
I'm not familiar with macOS, Clover, kext, etc. I installed a few Hackintosh years ago, but i can't fix that. Could you please advise something?
How can I debug the boot process? Where can I find useful logs?
I have no idea.
English isn’t my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.

Hi Guys,
I'm using elementaryOS. I installed Hackintosh Catalina with clover in qemu virtual enviroment. Works great, but slow because of the virtual gpu.
Intel has a new technology, Intel GVT-G. You can reach nearly native speed, acceleration in the virtual machines with gpu passtrough.
I tested it with Windows 10, it works surprisingly well. I can play 4k 60fps youtube videos with Intel hd620.
So I attached the gvt gpu to macOS, but during the boot i got a qemu error (I think when the driver is loading):
Code:
vfio_region_read(1503f80a-5d8d-11e9-9ef0-83dadfc9f4f2:region0+0xff7caa, 1) failed: Bad address
and the boot stops.
I got the same error a few times, when I used default windows 10 gpu driver. After I installed the latest Intel driver the error is gone. So I think the driver is the problem on the Hackintosh too.
I tried without kext or any modification and with this guide: https://www.elitemacx86.com/threads/fix-intel-uhd-graphics-620-630-on-laptop.207/ . Unfortunately the same result every time when I connect the gvt gpu.
I'm not familiar with macOS, Clover, kext, etc. I installed a few Hackintosh years ago, but i can't fix that. Could you please advise something?
How can I debug the boot process? Where can I find useful logs?
I have no idea.
English isn’t my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
I suggest to install it natively and then do Dual boot along side.
For attaching your PR files, read here:

I suggest to install it natively and then do Dual boot along side.
For attaching your PR files, read here:
Okay, I know. But it's more like an experimental or fun. I know I can install natively or I can go to the shop and buy a new macbook. But I want to use linux/windows/macos in the same time without rebooting.

Okay, I know. But it's more like an experimental or fun. I know I can install natively or I can go to the shop and buy a new macbook. But I want to use linux/windows/macos in the same time without rebooting.
As far as i know, this can work with Windows or other OS. But for macOS, it cannot utilise the Graphics hardware at all. So the result in virtual environment is quite choppy. Artifacts and lags are common. The only solution is to use it natively.

For the OS using it in the same time without rebooting, the solution can be to use virtual environment on macOS and use Linux and Windows.

As far as i know, this can work with Windows or other OS. But for macOS, it cannot utilise the Graphics hardware at all. So the result in virtual environment is quite choppy. Artifacts and lags are common. The only solution is to use it natively.

For the OS using it in the same time without rebooting, the solution can be to use virtual environment on macOS and use Linux and Windows.

Intel GVT-G not supported on macOS hosts, so it is not option for me (if I want to reach nearly native speeds on vms).
According to Intel, the gvt-g gpu is same as the "original". In my Windows 10 guest, I can see the original hd620 gpu, no special driver needed. This is the biggest benefit of the technology. So macOS "support" not necessary. If hackintosh works with hd620 can work with gvt-g hd620. In theory...

Intel GVT-G not supported on macOS hosts, so it is not option for me (if I want to reach nearly native speeds on vms).
According to Intel, the gvt-g gpu is same as the "original". In my Windows 10 guest, I can see the original hd620 gpu, no special driver needed. This is the biggest benefit of the technology. So macOS "support" not necessary. If hackintosh works with hd620 can work with gvt-g hd620. In theory...
No experience. Testing needed.

Trending Threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haiderhabbeb313