• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

No HDMI out on BigSur with OpenCore

Nicolas Roux

Motherboard
MSI GE72VR6RF Apache Pro
CPU
I7-6700HQ
Graphics
GTX 1060 3GB
OS X/macOS
10.13.x
Bootloader
  1. OpenCore (UEFI)
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi everyone,

I apologize for my English, I am a French guy. I apologize too if the post is not at the good place.
I install macOS BigSur with OpenCore 0.6.8 on my MSI GE72VR6F Apache Pro and everything work fine (built-in audio, wifi, trackpad & other) except one thing : I cannot plug my laptop to a screen, my HDMI don't work. I also tried with the display port and it's the same. I'm not sure of the HDMI is connected to the iGPU and not to the GPU. Maybe install NVIDIA driver will fix the problem but still stuck with them too.

I've investigate hours and hours to fix the problem and I still in the dark for now. So I decide to ask for some help.
Here is my config.plist. I've tried a lot of possibilities according different guide found on OpenCore website and here.

Can someone could help me to fix my HDMI port ? I used ProperThree and MountEfi to work on my EFI Partition and make changes on the config.plis file.
Thank you so much for your help

Nicolas

Attachments

• config.txt
    30 KB · Views: 171
Hi everyone,

I apologize for my English, I am a French guy. I apologize too if the post is not at the good place.
I install macOS BigSur with OpenCore 0.6.8 on my MSI GE72VR6F Apache Pro and everything work fine (built-in audio, wifi, trackpad & other) except one thing : I cannot plug my laptop to a screen, my HDMI don't work. I also tried with the display port and it's the same. I'm not sure of the HDMI is connected to the iGPU and not to the GPU. Maybe install NVIDIA driver will fix the problem but still stuck with them too.

I've investigate hours and hours to fix the problem and I still in the dark for now. So I decide to ask for some help.
Here is my config.plist. I've tried a lot of possibilities according different guide found on OpenCore website and here.

Can someone could help me to fix my HDMI port ? I used ProperThree and MountEfi to work on my EFI Partition and make changes on the config.plis file.
Thank you so much for your help

Nicolas
You should consider checking this first.

Thank you for your answer.
I'll check your link and I come back to you once I have the information.
Thank you again :)

Hi !

I'm back with the information: the display is connected to the GTX 1060.

1618244731001.png

There is a way in configuration of the hackintosh to switch the connection to the iGPU or have I to deal with the NVIDIA driver on BigSur ?

Thanks for the answer

Hi !

I'm back with the information: the display is connected to the GTX 1060.

View attachment 3178

There is a way in configuration of the hackintosh to switch the connection to the iGPU or have I to deal with the NVIDIA driver on BigSur ?

Thanks for the answer
Unfortunately, you're out of luck. You can try to not to disable NVIDIA and check if you can get the HDMI output. Only few Laptops allow such configuration.

Hum I see ... I know it's not possible from the BIOS, I don't have any configuration about graphics.
Do you think it's possible from the config.plist ?
I've successfully install the NVIDIA driver but nothing append, the HDMI still doesn't work.
I found this about the injection : Legacy Nvidia Patching | OpenCore Post-Install (dortania.github.io) but I don't know if it can do the job... I'll see
TY

Hum I see ... I know it's not possible from the BIOS, I don't have any configuration about graphics.
Do you think it's possible from the config.plist ?
I've successfully install the NVIDIA driver but nothing append, the HDMI still doesn't work.
I found this about the injection : Legacy Nvidia Patching | OpenCore Post-Install (dortania.github.io) but I don't know if it can do the job... I'll see
TY
The only possible way is to NOT disable the NVIDIA and check if you can get the output.

I think I miss something. Did I already disable my NVIDIA ? I understand I don't have to disable it, it's ok, but I'm confuse, I don't know if I've disabled it for now.

I think I miss something. Did I already disable my NVIDIA ? I understand I don't have to disable it, it's ok, but I'm confuse, I don't know if I've disabled it for now.
To check whether it has been disabled or not, check for the PCIe devices in Hackintool. Alternatively, you can check it under System Report>Graphics/Displays and IOReg too.

For more information on disabling NVIDIA in Dual GPU Laptops, refer to the thread linked below.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bekam