• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

Internal WiFi not working

JullianDev

Motherboard
Acer Aspire A514-52 WL Sneezy_WC V1.04
CPU
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8265U CPU
Graphics
Intel UHD 620
OS X/macOS
10.13.x
Bootloader
  1. Clover (UEFI)
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

Yesterday I succesfully installed macOS Catalina on my laptop. Now there is a couple of problems:

1. Wifi is not working, there is not even a function for wifi, internet cable also doesn’t work.
  2. Sound is not working
  3. Mousepad (the one build in the laptop) is not working
  4. I accidently removed Windows boot manager( i still have my data)
Another question, how can i install that i’ t will start the macOS installation without going to boot everytime again?

Hope someone who can help me with this. In case needed my laptop specs:

Laptop brand: Acer
Model: Aspire A514-52
Motherboard: WL Sneezy_WC V1.04
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8265U CPU
Processor:
Graphics card: Intel UHD Graphics 620 (something with Family?)
RAM: 8GB
BIOS-version/date: Insyde Corp. V1.04, 9-5-2019
SMBIOS-version: 3.0
BIOS-mode: UEFI

Hi,

Yesterday I succesfully installed macOS Catalina on my laptop. Now there is a couple of problems:
You should open each specific thread for each particular issue.
Wifi is not working, there is not even a function for wifi, internet cable also doesn’t work.
Have you replaced the WiFi Card with a compatible one? What's your Ethernet chip? Attach a screenshot of DPCI Manager>PCI List
Sound is not working
What's the Codec?
Mousepad (the one build in the laptop) is not working
What's your Trackpad vendor and model?
I accidently removed Windows boot manager( i still have my data)
Do you need Windows boot manager or?
Another question, how can i install that i’ t will start the macOS installation without going to boot everytime again?
Can you explain it more clearly?

You should open each specific thread for each particular issue.

Have you replaced the WiFi Card with a compatible one? What's your Ethernet chip? Attach a screenshot of DPCI Manager>PCI List

What's the Codec?

What's your Trackpad vendor and model?

Do you need Windows boot manager or?

Can you explain it more clearly?

Hi,

Okay, i will open a thread for each problem.
let we focus on the Wifi problem then is this thread because its the most annyoing problem.

i didn’t replace any wifi card, i also don’t know what my internet chip is. And how can I acces DCPI manager? I attach some screens what i think it is. Also attached a screenshot of what i found of the laptop with ethernet (hope that it is)

Attachments

• EAAEC00F-52ED-45E0-862F-D757FF7F6909.jpeg
    EAAEC00F-52ED-45E0-862F-D757FF7F6909.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 219
  • 0CED5FD7-9319-4158-8B33-D5B691933F3D.jpeg
    0CED5FD7-9319-4158-8B33-D5B691933F3D.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 200
  • AFA9BFF0-C25F-45D0-8BD2-680FA47814E0.jpeg
    AFA9BFF0-C25F-45D0-8BD2-680FA47814E0.jpeg
    36 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:
Okay, i will open a thread for each problem.
Better.
let we focus on the Wifi problem then is this thread because its the most annyoing problem.

i didn’t replace any wifi card, i also don’t know what my internet chip is. And how can I acces DCPI manager? I attach some screens what i think it is. Also attached a screenshot of what i found of the laptop with ethernet (hope that it is)
DPCI Manager is an Application. Download it and run it. Attach a screenshot. If you haven't replaced the WiFi Card, it's probably from Intel which is unsupported and will NOT work. Consider a WiFi replacement.

Better.

DPCI Manager is an Application. Download it and run it. Attach a screenshot. If you haven't replaced the WiFi Card, it's probably from Intel which is unsupported and will NOT work. Consider a WiFi replacement.

Can you send me a download link of that please?

Can you send me a download link of that please?

Hi, see attachment for screen of PCI List

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 232
You've Qualcomm Atheros which is not supported. Replace it with a compatible card.

How can i replace that? And is there a possible way to get internet cable working?

Trending Threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanch.digital