• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

EliteMacx86

Administrator
Staff member
Motherboard
Supermicro X11SPA-T
CPU
Intel Xeon W-3275 28 Core
Graphics
2xAMD RX 580 8GB
OS X/macOS
13.x
Bootloader
  1. OpenCore (UEFI)
Mac
  1. Mac mini
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
macOS supports a wide range of Intel HD Graphics (also referred to as iGPU) but some of them might not work out of the box.
This guide will enable Full QE/CI on your Hackintosh.
This fix is for the Hackintosh users who are using Intel HD Graphics as the main GPU.

Before you start with this guide, please know something about the performance. Graphics enhance the performance and helps to work smoothly. In macOS, full acceleration requires that both Quartz Extreme and Core Image (QE/CI) should work together.

Quartz Extreme and Core Image (QE/CI) should work together to enable full acceleration on macOS’s GUI. It utilizes the complete Graphics capabilities. In case if you haven’t enabled QE/CI on your graphic card, you won’t be able to use your macOS smoothly and there would be lots of lags and artifacts, graphic related issues and poor refresh rate. Also the dock would not be transparent. Therefore it is very important to ensure that your graphic is working with full QE/CI.

Requirements:
  • Intel UHD Graphics 620/630
  • Original Graphics kexts in S/L/E
  • macOS Sierra 10.12.6 or later

BIOS Setting
  1. The very first step is to setup your BIOS. This guide will only include settings for Intel HD users.
  2. To access your BIOS/UEFI, press and hold Delete key on your Keyboard. The key maybe different in your case. Refer to your Motherboard Guide/Manual.
  3. Set Initial Display Output to IGFX
  4. Set Internal Graphics to Auto/Enabled
  5. Set DVMT Pre-Allocated to 64MB
  6. Set DVMT Total Gfx Memory to 256/128MB
  7. Save & Exit Setup.
Note: If you don't have any options to adjust the Graphics settings related to DVMT pre-alloc, skip this step.

Choosing the right config.plist file
The next step is to choose a correct config.plist according to your CPU.
You can find more information below.

Notes :
  • For Kaby Lake-R and Whiskey Lake use, "config_HD615_620_630_640_650.plist"
  • For Coffee Lake, use "config_UHD630.plist"
Additional Note :
  • On some Laptops, after fixing the Graphics, you may result in a black screen. For more information, check the backlight guide here:
  • For Whiskey Lake, use the guide below:

Restart your System
After performing all the above steps, restart your system in order to enable the Intel HD Graphics.

Now you should be able to get your Intel UHD Graphics 1536 MB will full QE/CI. And your Dock would be also transparent.

Problem Reporting

Details
:
  1. Intel UHD Graphics model
  2. macOS version
  3. Copy of IOReg
Screen shots:
  • DPCIManager/Status
  • About This Mac
  • System Information/Graphics/Displays
Clover Files:
  • Compress EFI/Clover, exclude the themes folder. Do not include complete EFI folder.
Put all files in a folder with your name, compress files as Zip and attach files using site attachments only. Do not use any external links.

Credits :
RehabMan

Reactions: khuccui2002
Hi @EliteMacx86
I just followed your steps and I still get 7MB of RAM

Details :
  1. Intel UHD Graphics 620
  2. 10.14.1
Please help me review.
Thanks!

Attachments

• khuccui2002.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 2,694
Hi @EliteMacx86
I just followed your steps and I still get 7MB of RAM

Details :
  1. Intel UHD Graphics 620
  2. 10.14.1
Please help me review.
Thanks!
Kextcache output is missing.
10.14.6 is out, why using 10.14.1?
Incorrect SMBIOS. You must use a MBP SMBIOS not an iMac.
Your installation is not a vanilla install. Using Niresh Distro. You cannot expect most of the things to work.
Incorrect config.plist, duplicate drivers, unnecessary kexts. The install is a mess.

Download 10.14.6 on the current system and follow the guide here: https://www.elitemacx86.com/threads...ller-on-laptops-using-clover-uefi-legacy.177/

Reply with new files.

Reactions: khuccui2002
Hi @EliteMacx86
Thank you for your reply.
I've upgraded to 10.14.6 and followed your steps and I got a black screen. I know it can boot into MAC because I can see the USB Wifi light blinds
I just boot without checking InjectIntel and in About this Mac id doesn't show the graphics card info.
Please help me check.
Thanks!

Attachments

• khuccui2002.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 643
Last edited:
Hi @EliteMacx86
Thank you for your reply.
I've upgraded to 10.14.6 and followed your steps and I got a black screen. I know it can boot into MAC because I can see the USB Wifi light blinds
I just boot without checking InjectIntel and in About this Mac id doesn't show the graphics card info.
Please help me check.
Thanks!
You did not followed the guide. MacBook Pro15,2 is a poor choice. Use MBP14,1. Follow the guide here: https://www.elitemacx86.com/threads...ller-on-laptops-using-clover-uefi-legacy.177/

I followed the guide and my laptop goes into System Reboot when looking at verbose during the boot into the installer. I can't boot into the installer at all.

I am trying to install Mojave 10.14.6 using Intel UHD 620.

Attachments

• mertlightz clover.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 724
I followed the guide and my laptop goes into System Reboot when looking at verbose during the boot into the installer. I can't boot into the installer at all.

I am trying to install Mojave 10.14.6 using Intel UHD 620.
Your Zip file is corrupted. Check your upload again.

What about now?

Attachments

• mertlightz.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 581

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MacBook8821