Help with broken text while loading installation with that no entry sign and support.apple.com/support text on the bottom.

evilcookiemonster

Motherboard
Dell Desktop Inspiron 3650
CPU
Intel i7 6700 @3.40Ghz
Graphics
AMD Radeon R9 360
OS X/macOS
11.0.x
Bootloader
  1. OpenCore
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi Guys,

I am from Olarila.com, but due to the lack of traffic there I couldn't get any help from others. So I followed their guide and tried installing Ventura on my Skylake desktop until it stopped at where the texts are all broken up and that no entry sign.

I read from their forum saying I need to remap USB2 to USB1. Not sure how to do that. Hope to get some help from here.

Thanks,
B

EliteMacx86

Administrator
Staff member
Motherboard
Supermicro X11SPA-T
CPU
Intel Xeon W-3275 28 Core
Graphics
2xAMD RX 580 8GB
OS X/macOS
11.0.x
Bootloader
  1. OpenCore
Mac
  1. Mac mini
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi Guys,

I am from Olarila.com, but due to the lack of traffic there I couldn't get any help from others. So I followed their guide and tried installing Ventura on my Skylake desktop until it stopped at where the texts are all broken up and that no entry sign.

I read from their forum saying I need to remap USB2 to USB1. Not sure how to do that. Hope to get some help from here.

Thanks,
B
Not an issue. Can you update the Dell Model no. in your profile? As per your profile, it indicates that the Desktop is having a Mobile CPU. Is it an AIO or SFF?

Also, if your system has no option to disable IGPU and utilize R9 GPU only, you would need to disable R9 as Optimus and Switchable Graphics are not supported under OS X/macOS. Even if you go with the IGPU route, there shouldn't be any issues.

Provide your BIOS Settings and the copy of EFI folder you're using to boot. Also, as there is a limitation with the ports and since Big Sur 11.3, the port limit patch is broken. So, it would be much better if you can install Big Sur 11.2.3. You can read more about the port limit below

evilcookiemonster

Motherboard
Dell Desktop Inspiron 3650
CPU
Intel i7 6700 @3.40Ghz
Graphics
AMD Radeon R9 360
OS X/macOS
11.0.x
Bootloader
  1. OpenCore
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
my
Not an issue. Can you update the Dell Model no. in your profile? As per your profile, it indicates that the Desktop is having a Mobile CPU. Is it an AIO or SFF?

Also, if your system has no option to disable IGPU and utilize R9 GPU only, you would need to disable R9 as Optimus and Switchable Graphics are not supported under OS X/macOS. Even if you go with the IGPU route, there shouldn't be any issues.

Provide your BIOS Settings and the copy of EFI folder you're using to boot. Also, as there is a limitation with the ports and since Big Sur 11.3, the port limit patch is broken. So, it would be much better if you can install Big Sur 11.2.3. You can read more about the port limit below

My apology on that. I have now updated with the correct info.

I have disabled the IGPU in the BIOS and utilizing only the R9 GPU. Thanks for the heads up tho!

That I didn't know at all. Thanks for presenting this vital information to me. I will try Big Sur 11.2.3 instead then.

For the BIOS, I have done the usual, disabled Secure Boot, SATA mode = AHCI,

Here's my EFI folder attached.

Thanks in Advance!
B

Attachments

• EFI.Opencore.Desktop.SkyLake.zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 2

EliteMacx86

Administrator
Staff member
Motherboard
Supermicro X11SPA-T
CPU
Intel Xeon W-3275 28 Core
Graphics
2xAMD RX 580 8GB
OS X/macOS
11.0.x
Bootloader
  1. OpenCore
Mac
  1. Mac mini
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
My apology on that. I have now updated with the correct info.
Cool!
I have disabled the IGPU in the BIOS and utilizing only the R9 GPU. Thanks for the heads up tho!
I would still need to cross-check the BIOS Settings. Looks like you forgot to attach the requested screenshots.
That I didn't know at all. Thanks for presenting this vital information to me. I will try Big Sur 11.2.3 instead then.
It would be easier for you. Once installed and mapped, you can simply upgrade it to the newer macOS version.
For the BIOS, I have done the usual, disabled Secure Boot, SATA mode = AHCI,
You need to attach the BIOS settings to cross-check.

Regarding EFI, it is not as per the guide. Start here:

Trending Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andyjusa