• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

Can't get installer to launch

kristielizabeth17

Motherboard
Asus ROG Maximus XII Hero Wifi
CPU
Intel i9 10850K 3.6GHZ, 20MB Cashe, LGA1200
Graphics
None currently, would like to use GeForceGTX TitanX 12GB card once OSX is installed
OS X/macOS
10.14.x
Bootloader
  1. Clover (UEFI)
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello!

I'm having a lot of difficulty getting to the installer for Catalina. I can't seem to get a status bar to show up, just the apple logo and then it hangs there forever. I've attempted creating a USB using Unibeast and the methods described on this page: https://www.elitemacx86.com/threads/guide-install-macos-catalina-on-pc.418/

with no success. I've followed directions to the t, but keep getting stuck. Going to the internet for help is resulting in a rabbit hole of info that I don't totally understand, so I'm reaching out for help. The last time I built a hackintosh was 5 years ago and it was a lot simpler. I don't know enough about coding to comfortably use Open Core, but maybe that's the route I have to go. If anyone has any guidance as to what I need to do, I would really appreciate it. I've attached an image of what's shown in verbose mode, as well as my latest efi folder, which is from my last attempt at install using the EliteMacx86 guide above and the directions for creating my config.plist for a comet lake CPU from here: https://www.elitemacx86.com/threads...r-booting-macos-on-intel-desktops-clover.257/.

My build:
Intel i9-10850K 3.6GHz, LGA1200 Comet Lake
ASUS ROG Maximus XII Hero Wifi
Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMeM.2 1TB
Crucial Ballistix 64GB DDR4 3200

I also have an EVGA GeForce GTX Titan X 12GB GPU that is currently NOT installed on the motherboard, but I would like to incorporate once installed. I was attempting to install High Sierra with it in, but was still getting nowhere, so I yanked it to see if it would help. Did not get me anywhere with either the High Sierra or Catalina installs.

Also, if anyone has any experience installing on newer builds with the Snow Leopard CD, I do still have mine and would not be opposed to going that method, I would have to hunt down an external reader. I just wasn't sure if it would work.

Again, THANK YOU for any help. I've been at this for three straight days and am losing my mind. I just don't know enough to troubleshoot on my own anymore.

Attachments

• IMG_5936.jpg
    IMG_5936.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 130
  • EFI.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 121
Hello!

I'm having a lot of difficulty getting to the installer for Catalina. I can't seem to get a status bar to show up, just the apple logo and then it hangs there forever. I've attempted creating a USB using Unibeast and the methods described on this page: https://www.elitemacx86.com/threads/guide-install-macos-catalina-on-pc.418/

with no success. I've followed directions to the t, but keep getting stuck. Going to the internet for help is resulting in a rabbit hole of info that I don't totally understand, so I'm reaching out for help. The last time I built a hackintosh was 5 years ago and it was a lot simpler. I don't know enough about coding to comfortably use Open Core, but maybe that's the route I have to go. If anyone has any guidance as to what I need to do, I would really appreciate it. I've attached an image of what's shown in verbose mode, as well as my latest efi folder, which is from my last attempt at install using the EliteMacx86 guide above and the directions for creating my config.plist for a comet lake CPU from here: https://www.elitemacx86.com/threads...r-booting-macos-on-intel-desktops-clover.257/.

My build:
Intel i9-10850K 3.6GHz, LGA1200 Comet Lake
ASUS ROG Maximus XII Hero Wifi
Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMeM.2 1TB
Crucial Ballistix 64GB DDR4 3200

I also have an EVGA GeForce GTX Titan X 12GB GPU that is currently NOT installed on the motherboard, but I would like to incorporate once installed. I was attempting to install High Sierra with it in, but was still getting nowhere, so I yanked it to see if it would help. Did not get me anywhere with either the High Sierra or Catalina installs.

Also, if anyone has any experience installing on newer builds with the Snow Leopard CD, I do still have mine and would not be opposed to going that method, I would have to hunt down an external reader. I just wasn't sure if it would work.

Again, THANK YOU for any help. I've been at this for three straight days and am losing my mind. I just don't know enough to troubleshoot on my own anymore.
The configuration is not as per the guide.
It's preferred to use OpenCore.

Trending Threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amsva011002