- Jul 22, 2018
- GIGABYTE Z370 AROUS GAMING 3
- Intel Core i9 9900K
- 2xAMD RX 580 8GB
- OS X/macOS
- MacBook Pro
- Mobile Phone
BIOS/UEFI Settings PC and Laptops (Intel/AMD)
Most motherboards will work with only few changes from Optimized Defaults.
Here's a Recommended BIOS/UEFI Settings for Optimal performance. The settings are valid for Intel and AMD PCs and Laptops
To access your BIOS/UEFI, press and hold Delete key on your Keyboard. The key maybe different in your case. Refer to your Motherboard Guide/Manual.
Windows 8/10 Features
Intel Platform Trust Technology (PTT)
|Initial Display Output|
Intel Virtualization Technology
|Boot Mode||If you're having a UEFI based system, set this option to "UEFI"|
If you're having a Legacy based system, set this option to "Legacy."
|Legacy Option ROMs||If you're having a UEFI based system, set this option to "Disabled."|
If you're having a Legacy based system, set this option to "Enabled"
|Compatibility Support Module (CSM)||Disabled||If you're having a Legacy based system, set this option to "Enabled"|
|Intel Turbo Boost||Enabled|
- If you're using IGPU as a Graphics Device, set Internal Graphics to Enabled and DVMT to 64MB.
- I you're using only Discrete Graphics, set Internal Graphics to Disabled.
- To disable Secure Boot, you might need to clear the Security keys, (Platform Keys (PK)) on some systems. These keys are located under "key Management."
- For some laptops, you need to set Administrator password when disabling Secure Boot otherwise you might get "Secure Boot Fail" message when booting using USB installer.
- For some Dell Laptops, if your Laptop restarts while plugging/unplugging the AC Adapter, try changing the Legacy Option ROMs setting. If it's enabled, try to disable it. If it's disabled, try to enable it.
- If your Motherboard or the Laptop doesn't have the options mentioned above, you can simply skip those settings.
How to Enable ThunderBolt 3 on maOS [Clover/OpenCore] An EliteMacx86 Exclusive Guide - This guide covers implementation of Thunderbolt 3 on macOS using Clover and OpenCore. Overview This guide covers the implementation of Thunderbolt 3. Thunderbolt isn't a necessary thing but for some users...