• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

AsusSMC on Ventura

AlphaNecron

Motherboard
Zephyrus G14 GA401QH
CPU
AMD Ryzen 7 5800HS
Graphics
Radeon Vega 8
OS X/macOS
13.x
Bootloader
  1. OpenCore (UEFI)
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I'm currently trying to enable battery conservative mode, which limit battery charging to a predefined threshold with AsusSMC, people have tested with Intel, but not AMD, and there's no option to enable it on AMD. Is there any solutions? Also I'm trying to make Fn keys and keyboard backlight working with Ventura, but it seems impossible, there's no docs about that.

I'm currently trying to enable battery conservative mode, which limit battery charging to a predefined threshold with AsusSMC, people have tested with Intel, but not AMD, and there's no option to enable it on AMD.
Any references?

Also I'm trying to make Fn keys and keyboard backlight working with Ventura, but it seems impossible, there's no docs about that.
You'll need to patch the DSDT/SSDT.

Is there a guide for that? I'm not sure whether there is a guide for AMD CPUs.

Is there a guide for that? I'm not sure whether there is a guide for AMD CPUs.
DSDT/SSDT Patching is universal in general.

Do I need to do anything with BrightnessKeys? Cuz it doesn't work. Only vol+, vol- and mute fn keys work.

I can control brightness using control center but not buttons.

Do I need to do anything with BrightnessKeys? Cuz it doesn't work. Only vol+, vol- and mute fn keys work.
Generally, BrightnessKeys does not require anything extra other than _OSI to XOSI patch. However, some additional handling may be required if it is not working for you. Do note that ASUS Laptops require a particular brightness patch either in the DSDT or using an SSDT.

Should I use OS check fix?

Generally, BrightnessKeys does not require anything extra other than _OSI to XOSI patch. However, some additional handling may be required if it is not working for you. Do note that ASUS Laptops require a particular brightness patch either in the DSDT or using an SSDT.
Oh, so BrightnessKeys doesn't work?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Incanca