• Become a Premium Member for $25/year with no ads to improve your community experience.

Anyway to get native Airdrop support an Antelope interface?

Cliff8410

Motherboard
Gigabyte z490 Vision D
CPU
Graphics
R9 280
OS X/macOS
13.x
Bootloader
  1. OpenCore (UEFI)
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a perfectly working hack.
Z490 vision D board with a 10850k processor.

I have my antelope Goliath interface working perfect including hot plug from methods that were posted here so thank you all for that!

My question is that you have to disable IO mapper in open core quirks. This disables my Wi-Fi and sometimes Bluetooth (which is mentioned in the tutorial as a side affect to get the interface working)
I can use a usb Wi-Fi dongle but I cannot get airdrop.

Is there anyone here that may know of method to get this working?

Airdrop is prob my favourite Mac feature. So easy to send bounced tracks to my phone.

Hopefully someone here might have the expertise and be able to come up with a workaround for this?

Cliff

I have a perfectly working hack.
Z490 vision D board with a 10850k processor.

I have my antelope Goliath interface working perfect including hot plug from methods that were posted here so thank you all for that!

My question is that you have to disable IO mapper in open core quirks. This disables my Wi-Fi and sometimes Bluetooth (which is mentioned in the tutorial as a side affect to get the interface working)
I can use a usb Wi-Fi dongle but I cannot get airdrop.

Is there anyone here that may know of method to get this working?

Airdrop is prob my favourite Mac feature. So easy to send bounced tracks to my phone.

Hopefully someone here might have the expertise and be able to come up with a workaround for this?

Cliff
Well, that happens due to the relation between RAM and the new version of macOS. For systems with 4 memory banks, only two must be installed and for 8 memory banks, only 4 should be occupied. 8 banks are usually available in HEDT systems.

Reactions: Cliff8410
Well, that happens due to the relation between RAM and the new version of macOS. For systems with 4 memory banks, only two must be installed and for 8 memory banks, only 4 should be occupied. 8 banks are usually available in HEDT systems.
Yes. I forgot to mention that I have 2 banks occupied, A2 and B2 with 16gb of ram in each.
Any other suggestions?

Yes. I forgot to mention that I have 2 banks occupied, A2 and B2 with 16gb of ram in each.
Any other suggestions?
Try switching it to A1 and A1 and then check. Also, when in original configuration, i.e memory modules installed in A2 and B2 and with VT-d Disabled, does your Ethernet work?

Yes, my ethernet and bluetooth work just fine with ram in slot A2 and B2. Any other slot it disables bluetooth and wifi.

If I use one slot (ram placed any slot) The system works 100%

Is it worth getting 1 32gb ram stick and using one slot? Or is there any way around this to have the antelope working with all network features and 2 x 16GB ram sticks installed?

I wonder if OpenCore Devs could code something for this or is its hardware related?

Yes, my ethernet and bluetooth work just fine with ram in slot A2 and B2. Any other slot it disables bluetooth and wifi.
Thanks for the update!
If I use one slot (ram placed any slot) The system works 100%
Yes, it will work that way.
Is it worth getting 1 32gb ram stick and using one slot? Or is there any way around this to have the antelope working with all network features and 2 x 16GB ram sticks installed?
It could be but in such case, the Dual channel utilization will be affected and some interface may require it for optimal performance. Yes, there is a workaround to it and it is to install Catalina and use all the hardware including network.
I wonder if OpenCore Devs could code something for this or is its hardware related?
For now, we can call it as a limitation, we were the first to figure out this out and as of now, this is the only solution we can provide. There might be update on it but we don't have any ETA as of now.

Okay great, well done you guys. Really helped a load of us in this community.

Fingers crossed that there is an update to get over the few side effects.]

Thanks for your help.

Cliff

Reactions: EliteMacx86
Hey guys,

I have tried this and can confirm it is working 100%. I have all network features and also 2 x 16GB of ram installed. All thunderbolt interfaces working perfect.

have you guys any experience with this?

Reactions: EliteMacx86
Hey guys,

I have tried this and can confirm it is working 100%. I have all network features and also 2 x 16GB of ram installed. All thunderbolt interfaces working perfect.

We tried that before on Z390 Designare and had a false result. But Thanks for notifying us. We'll check it soon and will accordingly update this thread.

Hey guys,

Finished testing it and it works like a charm!

This makes sense as the issue was already documented. Although, we went busy working on other projects. The main thread will be updated by today. You can follow that to make it working.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twtug